I know what you must be thinking: “Avocado mousse?? Umm, NO thanks!” But hear me out, because this ridiculously easy and super scrumptious Chocolatey Avocado Mousse is something you need to try. Here’s why:
- This recipe only takes 3 minutes to make
- It is chocolatey, decadent and will leave you feeling awesome about life
- There are only 5 simple ingredients
- All 5 of these ingredients are more or less grown on trees
- Your family and friends will be impressed by your mad skills in creating such delicious treats
- No one will ever know that the main ingredient is AVOCADO – a fruit that is believed to be one of the healthiest foods on the planet!
See what I’m saying?!
Do yourself a big favor and collect and blend together the following 5 ingredients the next time you’re in need of a quick, yet delicious dessert for you and yours.
Watch this video to see how I make this chocolate mousse!
Makes 2 Chocolately Avocado Mousse Desserts
1 ripe medium avocado
6 pitted dates (if not soft, soak in warm water for 10 minutes)
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
¾ cup Original Unsweetened Almond Milk
1. Place all ingredients in a high powered blender (I use the bullet-type)
2. Blend until lumps are no longer heard or seen, about 30 – 60 seconds. However, I do feel it’s an added bonus if I end up with a random “date chunk” in my mousse – YUM!
3. Scoop out the light and fluffy mixture into the serving dishes of your choice.
4. Top with whichever toppings float your boat, if any at all. I like chopped Enjoy Life brand Chocolate Chunks, which you can buy HERE. Nuts are good too!
5. If you have a few minutes, place the mousse in the freezer to chill before serving.
I hope you love it as much as I do!