When I have company coming over and I really want to impress my guests, these Roasted Vegetable Tacos with Chipotle Pomegranate Sauce are one of my go-to recipes! First and foremost, the colors in these tacos are so bright and colorful and enticing….
And, the smell of the roasted vegetables is simply wondrous! The scent will permeate your home and lure everyone to the kitchen. (Wish I could capture the smell in a photograph!)
But the truly magical moment is when everyone takes that first bite. The word I usually hear afterwards is, “WOW.” Which is then usually followed by, “Who knew a meat-free taco could taste this good?!” Hearing this makes my day.
So if you’re in need of a crowd-pleasing main that’s easy to put together, give these unusually awesome tacos a try! They are soul-satisfyingly amazing.
Here’s how to make them:
1. Preheat your oven to 400º. Then, line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Then, in a small pinch bowl, stir together the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss this mixture in with the vegetables and gently stir again.
4. Divide the vegetables amongst the two lined baking sheets, spreading them out into evenly spaced single layers. (Tip – don’t wash that mixing bowl just yet! You’ll be using it again.)
5. Roast vegetables for roughly 30 minutes, adding the chopped pecans to one of the sheets to toast for the last 5 minutes or so. The vegetables are done when the butternut is soft and fork tender and the Brussels are crispy, tender and browned.
6. While the veggies are roasting, make the Chipotle Pomegranate Sauce by combining all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Set aside until ready to use.
7. Also while waiting, in a small bowl, combine pomegranate molasses and water and set aside.
9. Lastly, prepare your corn tortillas. I do this by placing them directly on the fire on the stove. They only need about 10 seconds on each side. FYI – always use metal tongs to handle the tortillas during this process – never use your fingers! The tortillas can also be warmed in a skillet with or without a bit of oil added. Anyway you approach it, the goal is to cook them on each side just until they start to puff up or brown.
10. Assemble tacos by filling each tortilla with the roasted vegetable mixture and then top with Chipotle Pomegranate Sauce. If you want to make them extra pretty, top with a few extra pomegranate seeds, too.
I hope you love these tacos as much as we do!
Roasted Vegetable Tacos
Makes about 8 Tacos
- 8 Corn Tortillas, about 6 inches in diameter
- 14 oz. (about 3 – 3 ½ cups) Butternut Squash, chopped into ½ inch cubes
- 1 lb. (about 4 – 4 ½ cups) Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and chopped into roughly ½ inch pieces, leaves included
- 1 Small Red Onion (or half of a large), chopped
- 1 Tb. Olive Oil or Canola Oil (preferably organic canola oil to avoid GMO’s)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 Tb. Pomegranate Molasses **
- 1 Tb. Water
Chipotle Pomegranate Sauce
- 3 Tb. Maple Syrup
- 4 Tb. Pomegranate Molasses**
- 1/3 cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (1/4 tsp. for spicy)
**Balsamic glaze (aka reduction) works well, too, if you can’t get your hands on pomegranate molasses. I buy mine on Amazon, HERE’s a link!
***You can find flat parchment sheets HERE