This recipe is proof that delicious and healthy meals do not need to be complicated! These 5-ingredient Quinoa Bowls are so hearty and satisfying with a nice range of flavors, colors and textures. I just love them to pieces! I hope you do, too.
5-Ingredient Quinoa Bowls
Makes 4 servings
- 6 cups of cooked Quinoa (use the frozen type when in a pinch!)
- One ripe Avocado
- One 15 oz. can of White Beans of any type, drained and rinsed.
- One can of Mandarin Oranges
- 3 Tb. Coconut Aminos + more to taste
Optional Topping: Chopped Almonds
Here’s how you make them:
1. Prepare quinoa according to package directions. FYI – 2 cups of dry/raw quinoa makes about 6 cups of cooked quinoa when prepared using 4 cups of water or vegetable broth!
2. Once slightly cooled, place the 6 cups of cooked quinoa in a mixing bowl and gently toss together with the coconut aminos.
3. Then, assemble! Start with the quinoa…
Followed by the desired amount of beans and mandarin oranges…
And then finally top with the oh-so glorious chopped avocado! Sprinkle it all with a bit of salt and you’re good to go.
Oh, one last thing: add some chopped almonds if you’re feeling the need for a little crunch.
And that’s all there is to it! So tasty and so simple.
I hope you love these Quinoa Bowls as much as we do!