Recently, I wrote all about the importance of our gastrointestinal’s well-being in a post titled, “Why You Need To Know About Gut Health.” (If you missed it, you can read that oh-so info packed article right HERE!)
One of the ways you can show your gut some serious TLC, is by treating it to one of my Happy Gut Shakes! These amazing shakes are loaded with ingredients that contribute to happy and healthy digestive systems, but the added bonus is that they make for a filling and delicious snack, too! I love these shakes so much that I make them in our home nearly every day lately. They keep us feeling great, healthy and energized.
To make them, simply add all listed ingredients to a blender in the order they are listed and blend on high until smooth! YUM!
If you decide to make one, please let me know what you think in the comments below. I’d love to know!
Happy Gut Shake
Makes one large 16 oz. shake
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Non-dairy milk of choice (I use cashew or oat)
- 1 rounded scoop of Clean Lean Smooth Vanilla Pea Protein Powder, (I like this brand because it’s high quality and because it tastes the best. You can buy it HERE)
- 1/3 of a large Cucumber
- A handful of fresh or frozen Kale or Spinach
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- 2 Tb. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1″ piece of peeled, fresh Ginger
- 2 Tb. Raw Unsalted (Hulled) Pumpkin Seeds
- 5 grams of Glutamine Powder (I like THIS brand)
- Small handful of fresh parsley
- Handful of ice cubes