This week, I was inspired to get creative with my cookie recipes. As a big cookie lover (and consumer 🙂 ), I wanted to make something exciting, original and different, yet deliciously fantastic.
Therefore I took a leap of faith, gathered a bunch of Hawaiian inspired ingredients along with a Peanut’s Bake Shop Cookie Kit, and started baking away. Thankfully, the end result was a scrumptiously moist and hearty chocolate chunk cookie with just enough coconut and pineapple to send your taste buds to the beaches of Hawaii – true paradise!
In fact, after the first batch came out of the oven, Jeff took a bite and then turned to me and said, “Wow, I was worried this would be weird, but it is absolutely delicious! Everything works perfectly.”
The added bonus? Since the base of this cookie recipe is a Peanut’s Bake Shop Chocolate Chunk Kit, your list of needed ingredients is short and sweet!
So if you’re in need of a fun treat that has a variety of mouthwatering flavors and textures, give these Hawaiian Chocolate Chunk Cookies a try!
Here’s how you make them:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Next, empty the cookie kit mix into a mixing bowl. Then, add all remaining ingredients listed below and mix it again until all flour is incorporated.
3. Create 12 equal-sized dough mounds on a non-stick or parchment-lined baking sheet, (use a second sheet if needed.)
4. Bake these babies in your preheated oven for 14-15 minutes or until their edges and tips just start to turn a golden brown color.
Allow the cookies to cool on the sheet for two minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
And that’s all there is to it!
I hope you find these cookies to be as heavenly as we do.
Hawaiian Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Makes 12 good-sized cookies
- One Peanut’s Bake Shop Chocolate Chunk Cookie Kit, which you can buy HERE
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tb. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (I like THIS brand)
- 17 Canned Pineapple Chunks, quartered, + 2 Tb. Juice from the can
- 2 Tb. Coconut Sugar (I like THIS brand)
- 1/3 cup Macadamia Nuts OR Slivered Almonds, chopped into small little pieces
- 3 Tb. Canola Oil (organic, if possible, to avoid GMO’s)
*You can find flat parchment sheets HERE