These Tex Mex tacos use jackfruit to replace meat in this deliciously easy taco recipe! Jackfruit has become very popular over the last couple of years because it resembles pulled meat in both look and texture. But the great news is, because it’s a fruit, jackfruit is much healthier for you than pulled meat in many ways!
You would never guess that these tacos are meatless – trust me, you’ll love them.
Here are the 5 Ingredients:
- 1 Package Tex Mex Jackfruit (found near the meat alternatives section in grocery stores)
- Corn Tortillas (which my son, Jack, is trying to steal in the photo below!)
- Shredded Cabbage or Cole Slaw Veg Blend
- Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- Canned Refried Beans
- Optional toppings: Salsa, Avocado
Here’s how to make them:
1. Thoroughly mix together the cabbage and a hefty drizzle of seasoned rice wine vinegar. Set it aside.
2. Heat both the jackfruit and the beans in separate pots or bowls via stovetop or microwave.
3. Next, warm the tortillas. I do this by placing them directly on the stovetop flame for about 10 seconds on each side. Use tongs to handle!
4. Assemble tacos by filling tortillas with jackfruit and then the cabbage blend. Beans can be enjoyed in the tacos or on the side.
YUM!! This meal is so easy and so satisfying. I just love the variety in flavors and textures.
Please let me know how you liked these tacos (and the jackfruit!) in the comments below! I’d love to hear it.