This brownie recipe is perfect for those times that you’d like to make the chocolate lovers in your life insanely happy. (Especially if that chocolate lover is YOU!)
These brownies are fudgy and decadent with so many dreamy textures and flavors happening. I just love the little chocolate chips and that velvety smooth caramel!
This recipe is fun and so easy to make. I certainly hope you love these brownies as much as I do! Here’s how you make them…
1 – First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then, grease a 7 x 11 baking dish and set it aside.
2 – Next, add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
3 – Then, add the wet ingredients as well as 2/3 cup of the mini chocolate chips to the bowl and stir again until just combined.
4- Pour the batter into your greased pan and smooth it over evenly so that the batter reaches every edge and corner of the pan.
5 – Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup of chocolate chips to the surface of the brownie batter.
6 – Bake in your preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted down the center comes out mostly clean. (Try to avoid the chocolate chips when doing so!)
While you’re waiting for the brownies to cool a bit, make your date caramel…
7 – To make the caramel sauce, simply add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
Immediately drizzle the caramel sauce over the surface of the brownies….
… And then crumble coarse salt flakes over the surface, if desired! FYI – skip this step if you decide to use a jarred caramel sauce that contains salt. Otherwise, your brownies will be too salty.
NOTE: To create perfect brownie squares, wait until the brownies completely cool before slicing them. Placing the pan in the fridge for at least 30 minutes beforehand helps with the slicing process, too!
Chocolate Chip Caramel Brownies – (V+GF!)
Makes about 12 brownies
- 1/2 cup (70 g.) Garbanzo Bean Flour (which you can buy HERE)
- 1/2 cup (65 g.) Oat Flour (which you can buy HERE)
- 1/2 cup (50 g.) Cocoa Powder (I like THIS brand)
- 1/2 cup (78 g.) Coconut Sugar (I like THIS brand)
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Earth Balance (or other butter substitute), melted
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbs. Maple Syrup
- 1 Tb. Vanilla Extract (I like THIS kind)
- 1 cup (186 g.) Mini Chocolate Chips, divided – (I like THIS brand)
DATE CARAMEL SAUCE
- 6 Dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tb. Almond Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract (I like THIS kind)
- 2 Tb. Earth Balance Butter (cold) OR Almond Butter