Nothing beats a Sunday brunch. When we have the time, I love getting the whole family together to enjoy delicious food and spend time with each other – especially on holidays! These waffles are the perfect addition to any holiday brunch (like Easter) or any breakfast (or lunch or dinner) for that matter. Don’t let the long name fool you though, these fluffy waffles are super easy to make and even easier to eat!
Here’s how you make them:
1. Start by pre-heating your waffle iron.
2. Stir together the berries and sugar in a bowl and set it aside.
3. Next, add the FLAX EGG ingredients to a small bowl and set it aside, as well.
4. Then, place all WET ingredients in a small bowl and set it aside!
5. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together all of the DRY ingredients. Afterwards, add the wet ingredients to the dry mix and stir well to combine.
6. Once that’s done, stir in the FLAX EGG as well.
7. Grease your piping hot waffle iron by spraying it with oil or by applying melted non-dairy butter with a pastry brush.
8. Add batter to the greased waffle iron until it’s about 2/3 full and then immediately shut the lid. Cook for about 3 -4 minutes or until golden brown. It’s usually best to let it cook a little longer than you think you should!
9. Carefully and very slowly open the lid and use the tines of a fork to help remove the waffle from the iron.
10. Repeat steps 7 – 9 until all of the batter is used, about 6 waffles total.
Tip: Keep all cooked waffles on a cooling rack placed on a baking sheet in an oven set on 150-200 degrees. This will keep your waffles hot and crispy until all of them are made. Now you and your family and friends can all enjoy your waffles together!
For the Cinnamon Syrup:
Simply add the two ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat and mix them together with a fork until all cinnamon is incorporated and the syrup is warmed through.
Place hot waffles on a plate and top with non-dairy butter, berries and cinnamon syrup. Enjoy immediately!
Mixed Berry Oatmeal Waffles with Cinnamon Syrup (V+GF)
Makes about 6 waffles
- 2-3 cups Hulled and chopped strawberries
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 tsp. Sugar or sugar alternative
- 3 tsp. (24 g) Ground Flaxseeds
- 6 Tb. Water
- 1 ½ cups (148 g) Dry Quick Oats
- 2 cups (320 g) Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- 2 Tb. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Tb. Maple Syrup
- 4 Tb. Non-GMO Canola Oil
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups Pure Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon