When the warm weather months arrive, there’s nothing more delicious than bright red, chilled, freshly chopped watermelon! So juicy and sweet… YUM. Honestly, I never get tired of it!
One day recently I thought to myself, why not take this amazing fruit and use it as the star ingredient in a cool and refreshing Watermelon Champagne Cocktail?! So, that’s what I did. This cocktail is crazy easy to make, so fun to drink, and, the most stunning red color. It’s absolutely perfect for warm weather get togethers with friends and family.
Try it and see for yourself!
Here’s how to make it:
1. Add your watermelon to a blender and blend on high until the fruit is completely liquified.
2. Then to each glass, add roughly 6 ice cubes and then a 1/2 cup ( 6 oz.) of each champagne and watermelon juice. Add 2 -3 watermelon cubes to the glass if you like, as well. I think it adds a nice little touch!
FYI – if you’d like to make this into one large batch so you can “fix it and forget it” as they say, simply add all of the watermelon juice and the champagne to a punch bowl or large pitcher! Just be sure to keep the ice cubes on the side so the mixture doesn’t get watered down.
3. If you’re feeling super fancy, garnish your glasses with small watermelon wedges and colorful straws. So fun!
That’s all there is to it! Remember to drink responsibly, my friends. And if you have youngsters in your group, consider making some extra watermelon juice so they can enjoy it on the rocks (and booze-free!)
Watermelon Champagne Cocktails
Makes about 6 servings
- 4 1/2 cups of Watermelon, roughly chopped (this will make about 3 cups of juice)
- 1 bottle of Champagne or other sparkling wine**
- Optional garnishes: 18 small watermelon cubes, 6 small watermelon wedges, 6 straws
**Note: the sweeter the champagne is, the sweeter the final cocktail will be!