I’m a big believer in creating balance in life: eat lots of nutrient-loaded, low-oil foods such as vegetables, fruit, whole grains, and beans throughout the day, but if I should desire a small or moderately-sized treat at some point too, it is always allowed. My husband and twin boys live this way as well, and it works out pretty nicely! Healthy bodies and healthy relationships with food are what we’re all about.
So, what do we almost always choose when it’s treat time? Cookies, of course! And since the Peanut’s Bake Shop Cookie Kit recipes were born and created in our very own home kitchen (by yours truly), we’re all big fans of these cookies ’round here and I make sure we always have plenty baked and ready to eat.
One thing I have noticed, however, is that a lot of the time we have a pretty hard time deciding which cookie to enjoy; one of the classically delicious original Chocolate Chunk cookies or one of the deeply rich Midnight Chocolate Chunk cookies! It became such a tough choice that I figured it was time to do something about it. Thus, these Black n’ White Chocolate Chunk Cookies were born! (YAY.)
This is how you make them:
1. Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Then, take an original Chocolate Chunk Cookie Kit and a Midnight Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cookie Kit and prepare them in separate bowls according to the ever-so-simple package directions. Keep in mind that it’s best to aim for slightly drier cookie dough rather than overly sticky dough, therefore take it easy on the water.
3. Gather a couple of baking sheets, line them in parchment paper if you like (not necessary, though, if you have nonstick sheets) and place them next to your bowls of cookie dough.
4. This next part is very important: designate one hand to each type of dough and and tell yourself that you will not allow the Midnight Cookie dough hand to reach into the original Chocolate Chunk cookie dough bowl (or vise versa) at any time! Each hand must stick to their flavor and not cross over, otherwise things will get messy and your cookies may not look as pretty. Now that we’ve set some ground rules, it’s time to start forming your cookie balls!
Using both hands at the same time, simply take about a tablespoon or two of each type of cookie dough and then gently press them together to create a nice Black n’ White dough ball. Place it on your baking sheet.
5. Repeat step #4 about 23 more times or until you run out of dough. Admittedly, I very rarely make it to 24 total balls, simply because I tend to get carried away and make these a little larger than my other cookies! More commonly I end up with 19 – 20 cookies with this recipe.
6. Bake these beauties in your pre-heated oven for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies look more matte than shiny. Once they’re done, allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for at least two minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
And that’s all there is to it! Our days of having to choose which chocolate chunk cookie flavor to enjoy are OVER. Thank goodness!
I hope you love these cookies as much as we do.
Black n’ White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Makes 20 – 24 cookies
- One original Chocolate Chunk Cookie Kit (which you can order HERE)
- One Midnight Chocolate Chunk Cookie Kit (which you can order HERE)
- Oil, as directed on the packages (I use THIS type)
- Water, as directed on the packages