Sweet Vegan Vanilla Frosting
Making creamy and dreamy vegan frosting for you cakes, cupcakes, and even cookie cakes has never been easier with this Sweet Vegan Vanilla Frosting Recipe!
- 1 cup Non-Hydrogenated Vegetable Shortening
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar (360 g)
- 3 Tb. Non-Dairy Milk I use almond - the whiter in color the better
- A scant 1/4 tsp. Salt
Using an electric stand or hand mixer, cream the shortening on a medium speed for about 30 seconds.
Then, add half of the powdered sugar and half of the milk and mix for another 30 seconds.
Next, add the salt and remaining sugar and milk. Mix again for another 30 seconds. If you feel the frosting should be slightly thicker, add a spoonful or so more of powdered sugar.
- For slightly thinner frosting, add a splash of milk - but be careful - a little goes a long way!
- This recipe makes enough frosting for about 18 cupcakes or a two layer cake.
- Want to up your cake or cupcakes you're frosting? Try topping with some vegan chocolate chips, vegan sprinkles, shaved coconut, or lemon zest.
- Have leftover frosting? This frosting can stay in the fridge for about 5 days.