5-Ingredient Chickpea Pesto Pasta
This flavor-packed vegan 5-Ingredient Chickpea Pesto Pasta is about to be your new healthy meal obsession!
Servings: 4 servings
- One 8 oz. package of Chickpea Spaghetti (or other spaghetti of choice)
- 8 Tb. Vegan Pesto* (120 ml) I like Trader Joe's Vegan Kale, Cashew and Basil Pesto found in the fridge section of the store.
- 1 1/3 cup Canned Chickpeas (aka Garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 Tb. Walnuts, chopped
- Optional: Handful of Fresh Basil, thinly sliced (chiffonade style)
Prepare the chickpea spaghetti (or other whole grain or bean pastaccording to the package directions. Tip: for extra flavor, add a good teaspoon or so of salt to the water!
Once the pasta is done, drain and rinse it immediately. Then, return it to the pot.
Add the pesto, chickpeas and tomatoes to the pot and give it a good toss using tongs or a metal spoon.FYI - If the tomatoes or any of your other ingredients were cold (from being kept in the fridge) before being added to the pot, you may want to now reheat the pasta over a medium heat for a couple of minutes before serving.
Place your pasta in your serving vessel of choice and top it with chopped walnuts, a sprinkle of salt, and optional fresh basil.
- I prefer to use chickpea spaghetti with this recipe, but feel free to use any pasta you'd like!
- I like to use Trader Joe's vegan pesto, but feel free to use any vegan pesto brand.