Quick 5-Ingredient Homemade Marinara Sauce
Find yourself needing a quick 5-Ingredient Homemade Marinara Sauce? This recipe can be thrown together in no time and it is SO good.
- Two -14 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tsp. dried onion powder
- 3 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste or ketchup, if you’re in a pinch!
- salt and pepper to taste
Blend all 5 ingredients in a blender until you reach desired consistency. For instance, if you want a chunkier sauce, blend just for a few seconds or pulse about 5 times or so. Alternatively, blend about 20 seconds for a completely smooth sauce.
If you’re using your sauce right away, transfer it to a pot and warm it on the stove over medium heat. After it starts to bubble, bring the heat down to a simmer and allow it to continue to cook for at least ten minutes, stirring occasionally. The longer it simmers, the deeper the red color and the richer the flavors. Therefore, if you have 30-45 minutes to allow it to simmer than go for it. Otherwise, that ten minutes of simmering will still produce a delicious sauce.If you're not using your marinara sauce right away, store it in a mason jar or other airtight container and place it in the fridge until you need it. This sauce keeps about two weeks.
- For an extra level of flavor, add a splash of red wine, or, a few tablespoons of grated carrots before blending.
- You’re most welcome to use fresh garlic or onion instead of dried. About one large garlic clove and a quarter of a chopped medium onion should do the trick.
- Can’t find canned diced tomatoes? Canned crushed tomatoes will work, as well.
- For a slightly sweeter sauce, add an extra tablespoon of tomato paste or ketchup. Or, a teaspoon of sugar.