Watermelon Champagne Cocktails
This cocktail is crazy easy to make, so fun to drink, and, the most stunning red color. It's absolutely perfect for warm weather get togethers with friends and family.
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 1/2 c. of watermelon, black seeds removed, roughly chopped (this will make about 3 cups of juice)
- 1 bottle of Champagne or other sparkling wine The sweeter the champagne is, the sweeter the final cocktail will be!
- Optional garnishes: 18 small watermelon cubes, 6 small watermelon wedges, 6 straws
Add your watermelon to a blender and blend on high until the fruit is completely liquified.
Then to each glass, add roughly 6 ice cubes and then a 1/2 cup of each champagne and watermelon juice. Add 2 -3 watermelon cubes to the glass if you like, as well. I think it adds a nice little touch!FYI - if you'd like to make this into one large batch so you can "fix it and forget it" as they say, simply add all of the watermelon juice and the champagne to a punch bowl or large pitcher! Just be sure to keep the ice cubes on the side so the mixture doesn't get watered down.
If you're feeling super fancy, garnish your glasses with small watermelon wedges and colorful straws. So fun!
- To save yourself time on the day of your special occasion, blend your watermelon ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
- If you have youngsters in your group, consider making some extra watermelon juice so they can enjoy it on the rocks (and booze-free!)