4-Ingredient Soft Vegan and Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Soft and delicous peanut butter cookies have never been easier to make! All you need is 4 ingredients and less than 20 minutes. Bonus: These are healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast!
Servings: 9 - 10 cookies
First, preheat your oven to 350°F/177°C. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. No parchment? No prob! A non-stick baking sheet will work just fine on its own.
Next, add the peanut butter, flour, maple syrup and just 1/4 tsp. of salt to a bowl and mix well. Pinch off a tiny bit of dough and see how it tastes. Does it seem like it has enough salt? If not, add the remaining 1/4 tsp. and stir again. (I almost always add the second 1/4 tsp. of salt, but it depends on how salty your peanut butter is.)
If the dough seems too wet to form balls, add extra flour one tablespoon at a time just until firm enough.
Roll the cookie dough into 9-10 equal-sized balls and place on a parchment-lined or nonstick baking sheet.
Once those balls are on the sheet, use a fork to make those famous peanut butter cookie criss-cross marks across the top.
Bake cookies in your preheated oven for 9 - 10 minutes or just until set. Immediately transfer them to a cooling rack once they're done.
- Only add 1/4 tsp. salt of dough to begin with, and then test your dough. If it needs more salt, add an addition 1/4 tsp.
- If you use a nut butter other than peanut butter, you may need to add 3 - 5 extra tablespoons of garbanzo flour to help thicken it up. Especially if that nut butter is on the runny side.
- Regular all-purpose flour also works well in this recipe.
- When buying peanut butter, purchase a type that only includes peanuts and maybe salt in the ingredients.
- You can find flat parchment sheets HERE