5-Ingredient Tex Mex Jackfruit Tacos with Refried Beans
These Tex Mex tacos use jackfruit to replace meat in this deliciously easy taco recipe! You would never guess that these tacos are meatless - trust me, you'll love them.
Servings: 6 tacos (about)
- shredded cabbage or cole slaw veg blend
- seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 package tex mex jackfruit found near the meat alternatives section in grocery stores
- canned refried beans
- corn tortillas
- optional toppings: salsa, avocado
Thoroughly mix together the cabbage and a hefty drizzle of seasoned rice wine vinegar. Set it aside.
Heat up both the jackfruit and the beans in separate pots via stovetop or bowls via microwave.
Next, warm the tortillas. I do this by placing them directly on the stovetop flame for about 10 seconds on each side. Use tongs to handle!
Assemble tacos by filling tortillas with jackfruit and then the cabbage blend. Beans can be enjoyed in the tacos or on the side.
- Don't want to eat all 6 right away? Keep the jackfruit and other ingredients separate in the fridge, and just reheat when you're ready to eat.
- This recipe also goes great with my Celebration Rice and Beans!