No-Chop Chunky Vegetable Soup
Without a doubt, this will be the easiest homemade vegetable soup you'll ever make!
Servings: 6 Bowls
- 28 oz. can of unsalted diced tomatoes
- 10 oz. 2 1/2 c. frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, and green beans)
- 15 oz. can of cannellini white beans, drained and rinsed (or other bean of choice)
- 1 c. of frozen chopped spinach or 2 c. of fresh spinach
- 2 1/2 c. of water (592 ml)
- 3 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt + more to taste
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Scant 1/2 tsp. celery seed (optional but recommended)
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper for mild 1/2 tsp. for slightly spicy
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste or ketchup if in a pinch!
Add all of the listed ingredients into a 3 quart (or larger) pot
Then, stir! If the onion powder doesn't completely dissolve, don't worry - it will once the soup is warmed.
Bring the soup to a boil over high heat.
Afterwards, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 -15 minutes. That's it! Enjoy your soup.
- Other fun ingredients to consider adding: frozen wild or brown rice, pre-cooked pasta (add just before serving), frozen broccoli, frozen butternut squash cubes, or a second type of bean, such as red kidney beans, garbanzo beans or black beans. Or, anything else your veg-loving heart desires!
- This soup can be frozen and stored for later.