5-Ingredient Quinoa Bowls
Ready in just 25 minutes, your next meal just got a whole lot easier with these delicious, healthy, and vegan 5-Ingredient Quinoa Bowls!
Servings: 4 servings
- 6 cups of cooked Quinoa (1,104 g) use the frozen type when in a pinch!
- One ripe Avocado
- One 15 oz. can of White Beans of any type, drained and rinsed (I like Navy, Garbanzos or Great Northern beans)
- 1 can of Mandarin Oranges
- 3 Tb. Coconut Aminos + more to taste
- Optional Topping: Chopped Almonds or other nuts and / or dried cranberries
Prepare quinoa according to package directions. FYI - 2 cups of dry/raw quinoa makes about 6 cups of cooked quinoa when prepared using 4 cups of water or vegetable broth!
Once slightly cooled, place the 6 cups of cooked quinoa in a mixing bowl and gently toss together with the coconut aminos.
Then, assemble! Start with the quinoa, add the desired amount of beans and oranges, then finally top with avocado. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add some chopped almonds or other nuts if you're feeling the need for a little crunch.
- Add some dried cranberries if you feel like it, too!
- I find that this recipe works best with quinoa, but feel free to substitute with your grain of choice.