5-Ingredient Peanut Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
If you're in need of a super filling and healthy meal, then you need to make these quick, easy, and delicious vegan Thai-inspired wraps right now!
Servings: 6 wraps
- 1 c. baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos (30 ml)
- One 15 oz. can chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 6 large leaves of Bibb lettuce
- Optional toppings: chopped chives or scallions, chopped peanuts, chopped avocado
Chop up those baby carrots and then set them aside.
Combine the peanut butter and coconut aminos in a medium bowl. Then, add the rinsed chickpeas to that mix and stir well. Add salt and additional coconut aminos to taste.
Scoop chickpea mix into the center of each of the 6 leaves. Top with chopped carrots and any other toppings that float your boat. These wraps also go nicely with a side of brown rice or quinoa.
- Feel free to get creative with your toppings! Chopped peanuts give these wraps a really nice extra crunch. In addition, scallions or chives up the flavor a bit and adding avocado makes them that much more hearty and creamy. If you want a little spice, sriracha or a hot chili sauce might also be a nice addition. These wraps also go nicely with a side of brown rice or quinoa.
- If you have leftovers, you can keep the leftover filling together in the fridge. The flavors will continue to blend and be even more delicious the next day!