5-Ingredient Vegan Fajita Tacos
If you're in the mood for delicious tacos without all the fuss, look no further! These tasty 5-ingredient vegan fajita tacos are easy and super quick to make.
Servings: 8 tacos (approx)
- 1 package frozen Beyond Meat Beef Crumbles or other plant based / vegan meat
- 1/4 c. fajita seasoning
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 bag of frozen fajita vegetable blend (usually consists of onions and bell peppers)
- 1 can of refried beans
- 8 corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: avocado, salsa, and/or hot sauce
In a large pan, add Beyond Meat Crumbles or other vegan meat of choice, fajita seasoning, and 1/2 cup of water. Turn fire to medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently. Cook about 5 minutes or until hot.
Transfer this mixture to a bowl and cover with a plate to keep warm.
To that same unwashed frying pan, add the frozen fajita vegetable mix, 1/4 cup water and salt to taste. Cook over medium-high heat until veggies are hot and most of the water has evaporated.
Meanwhile, remove refried beans from the can and heat in a bowl in the microwave or in a pot on the stove.
Warm tortillas by placing them directly over the flame on the stove; they only need about 30 seconds on each side. Use tongs to handle!
Assemble tacos by placing meat crumble mixture in tortillas followed by veggies. Enjoy the refried beans in the tacos or on the side. Yum!
- Can't find Beyond Meat Crumbles? Any plant based / vegan meat will do. Or, use black beans, instead.
- Adding avocado, hot sauce, or salsa will take these tacos to the next level!
- You can absolutely use fresh onions and peppers, but the frozen type tastes just as great without all of the prep work.