For those who love guacamole and simply can't get enough, this recipe's for you! This super flavorful guacamole is lighter in calories, all thanks to one undetectable main ingredient.
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 c. frozen peas thawed
- 1 medium/large avocado
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (30 ml) plus more to taste
- 2 Tbsp. water (30 ml)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 c. fresh pico de gallo It can usually be found in the produce section near the pre-chopped veggies and fruit.
Add the first seven ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until mostly smooth.
Transfer this beautiful green mixture to a mixing bowl and gently fold in the fresh pico de gallo. Don't like one or all of the ingredients in pico de gallo? No problem! It can be left out altogether and the guacamole will still be delicious.
- It's better to eat this guacamole right away, but it can last in the fridge for about one day in an airtight container.
- Like your guac with a little more lime? Feel free to add a little extra.
- If you like a little spice, try chopping up some fresh jalapeños and folding them in after the guac is blended. Or, simply stir in a dash or two of cayenne spice.
- Double or triple this recipe if you're hosting a party or get-together - it's the perfect party snack and people will be blown away when they hear the fun twist on the recipe.