There’s nothing quite like a big bowl of warm soup; it’s comforting, it’s filling, and it’s a great way to add an extra helping of vegetables to your life! Honestly, if I had it my way, I’d have a bowl of soup every single day, no matter what the weather is like outside. And most days, I do!
Here is my go-to recipe for a quick, easy and super tasty vegetable bean soup that requires zero chopping what-so-ever. It’s just a matter of placing all of the ingredients listed below into a pot, heat, and serve! Who said making a feel-good soup needed to be complicated, anyway? (Not me!)
This is how you make it:
1. Add all of the listed ingredients into a 3 quart (or larger) sized pot….
Then, stir! If the onion powder doesn’t completely dissolve, don’t worry – it will once the soup is warmed.
2. Bring the soup to a boil over high heat, then, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
That’s it! A hearty, delicious pot of chunky vegetable bean soup in just minutes.
I hope you love this soup as much as we do!
Watch this video to see how I make this soup…
No-Chop Chunky Vegetable Bean Soup
Makes About 4 Bowls or 6 Cups
- 28 oz. Can of Unsalted Diced Tomatoes
- 10 oz. (2 1/2 cups) Frozen Mixed Vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, and green beans)
- 15 oz. Can of Cannellini White Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of Frozen Chopped Spinach (or 2 cups of fresh spinach)
- 2 1/2 cups of Water
- 3 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt + more to taste
- 1 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper for mild, 1/2 tsp. for slightly spicy (Jeff and I prefer the latter!)
- 3 Tb. Tomato Paste (or Ketchup if in a pinch!)
*Other fun ingredients to consider adding: Frozen Wild or Brown Rice, Pre-Cooked Pasta (add just before serving), Frozen Butternut Squash Cubes, or a second type of bean, such as Red Kidney Beans or Black Beans. Or, anything else your veg-loving heart desires!