This easy homemade vegan whipped cream goes perfectly with pie, can be the topping on an ice cream sundae, and is an excellent match for some juicy and sweet fresh berries.
It’s cool, it’s creamy, and everyone I serve it to (vegan or not) absolutely loves it. But here’s the crazy part: although the star ingredient is coconut milk, amazingly this whipped cream doesn’t have a coconut flavor. Don’t ask me how that is, all I know is it’s insanely delicious, and it can be made in 5 minutes!
Here’s my method:
1. Remove the coconut cream from the fridge and scoop out 1 ¼ cups (276 g) of the thick coconut cream from the top. Avoid the watery liquid as much as you can. Place the cream in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the powdered sugar.
3. Using a handheld or stand mixer, mix on medium-low until smooth and fluffy.
4. For slightly thicker whipped cream, place in the freezer for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
5. Place the whipped cream in a storage container in the fridge until you need it. It keeps for about a week.
If you try this whipped cream, please tell me what you think in the comments below.
For a fun variation on this recipe, be sure to check out my Fresh Lemon Vegan Whipped Cream, too. YUM.
2 - Ingredient Vegan (Coconut) Whipped Cream
- 10 oz canned coconut cream typically found in baking aisle, (you may need to buy two small cans), chilled in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight
- 2/3 c. powdered sugar (87 g) plus more to taste
- Remove the coconut cream from the fridge and scoop out 1 ¼ cups (276 g) of the thick coconut cream from the top. Avoid the watery liquid as much as you can. Place the cream in a mixing bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, mix on medium-low until smooth and fluffy.
- For slightly thicker whipped cream, place in the freezer for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
I am trying to be a vegan. I’m having trouble finding the right recipes that will help me lose weight and get healthy. I’ve been watching Simmenet nutrition and he eats a lot. How can I lose weight if I eat a lot? And most of my recipes are sweet potato or regular potato. I really need help. When Jeff said at his show Thursday night that you all are vegan I was like oh goodies. Could you help me? I don’t know how to eat right. Portions included. I used to eat meat, carbs, a little veggies and dessert. Its hurt me a lot.
Hey Sara, yes – I’m familiar with Simmenet. He’s a super smart guy and shares a lot of great information. However, he is quite the athlete, so his portions may be larger than what most people would need. For myself and Jeff, we do eat more volume than ever on a vegan diet, simply because our plates are always at least half filled with vegetables and/or fruit. Potatoes and sweet potatoes are extremely healthy and satiety foods, and I highly recommend them. The one key thing is to make sure your fat intake is low, so you don’t want to cover those potatoes with oil or non-dairy butter. Try chili or ketchup or seasonings instead! Avoiding oils, and high fat foods is absolute key when aiming for fat loss on a vegan diet. But to make sure you don’t go crazy, always save room for a little treat every day, if you want one, such as some dark chocolate or a vegan cookie. Save bigger desserts and treats for special occasions or when you REALLY want them. Above all else, remember that perfection is NOT necessary – just take it one meal at a time and remember to always include a ton of vegetables and/or fruit with every meal. I hope this helps!