This recipe for Super Greens Soup has been in my file of favorite personal recipes for many years now, and I’m happy to finally share it!
This bright green soup is super flavorful, smooth, delicious, and very simple to make. Bonus: It is a great source of protein, fiber and countless vitamins and minerals, too! So if you’re a soup lover like me, you HAVE to try this recipe! You will be blown away by the amazing flavor.
This is how you make it:
1.First, heat the oil and water in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat.
2. Meanwhile, roughly chop the onion.
3. Next, add the onion to the hot oil and water and stir until the onion becomes translucent and the edges become lightly browned; about two minutes.
4. Then, add the broccoli, spinach, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until the broccoli is hot and steamy, about 3 minutes if your broccoli was fresh or 5 minutes if it was frozen.
5. Lastly, add the water and bring it to a boil. Afterwards, ladle all of the pot’s contents into your blender…
…And blend until very smooth.
6. Lastly, pop your bread of choice in the toaster. I usually make about one slice per person. Once toasted, lightly butter and cut it into squares.
I’ll then take half of the toast croutons and add them to each bowl or cup of soup. The other half stays on the side, giving the option to add extra croutons to the soup or eat them by themselves! You can’t lose either way.
I hope you love this delicious soup as much as we do!
Watch this video to see how I make this soup!
Easy Super Greens Soup with Buttered Toast Croutons
Makes about 3 Bowls or 5 Cups of Soup
1 tsp. Olive Oil + 2 T. Water
4 cups of Frozen or Fresh Broccoli
1 cup of Frozen Spinach or one giant handful of Fresh Baby Spinach
1/2 Yellow or White medium-sized Onion
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
2 1/2 cups Water
Sliced Bread for Toasting
A Small Amount of Non-Dairy Buttery Spread (I used Earth Balance)