I have to say, there are two spices that I am madly in love with in this world; one of them is cinnamon, and the other is curry! Curry is such a deliciously wonderful and complex spice, and it can completely transform any food with just a dash or two! My mouth waters just thinking about some of the amazing curry dishes I’ve enjoyed over the years… Mmmm…
So if you’re like me and love curry, too, then you’ll be super happy to know that I’m about to share with you a curry dish that is ridiculously easy for how delicious it is! Jeff and I honestly can’t get enough of these Roasted Coconut Curry Vegetables. I hope you feel the same way about them, too!
Here are the simple steps:
1. Preheat your oven to 400º and then line a baking sheet with parchment paper, if you have some. If not, a parchment-free baking sheet is fine! That paper just helps with clean up.
2. Place all chopped and sliced veggies in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, ginger, curry powder and salt.
Side Note – in past posts and YouTube videos I have mentioned that coconut oil is something I only use on rare occasions due to it’s saturated fat content. Well, this would be one of those rare occasions! That coconut flavor is really important in the recipe. Another one of my recipes where coconut oil is used is in the crust for my Vegan Cherry Blueberry Pie. YUM! That coconut flavor really adds to that pie crust in a magical way. Anyway, back to the curry!
4. Pour the oil/curry mixture over the bowl of veggies and mix it all together very well.
5. Transfer the veggies onto your baking sheet and spread them out into a single layer.
6. Then, place them in the oven to roast for 20 – 25 minutes or until the tips of the vegetables (the broccoli, in particular) start to brown.
That’s all there is to it! We usually enjoy these coconut curry vegetables in a bowl along with some brown rice and garbanzo beans that have been drizzled with coconut aminos, but feel free to serve them up anyway you choose!
So easy and sooo tasty.
Easy Roasted Coconut Curry Vegetables
Makes about 4 servings
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, seeded and sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 Large Zucchini, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 Tb. Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 tsp. Curry Powder (I like THIS kind)
- 2 tsp. Fresh Ginger, minced (use the pre-minced type when in a pinch!)
- 1/2 tsp. Salt + more to taste
* You can find flat parchment sheets HERE