Sometimes, you just need a mug filled with warm, moist, chocolatey chocolate cake in ten minutes or less. Know what I’m saying? I felt this way today actually, but then thought to myself, “Hey, I bet I can make a version of this popular ‘treat for one’ that’s made with ingredients that ain’t s’bad.” And just like that, this Lighter Chocolate Mug Cake was born!
This chocolate mug cake is easy and fast to make, but best of all, it will knock those sweet chocolate cravings right out of the park, all with a handful of ingredients you can feel pretty darn good about! This is how you make it:
1. In a small bowl, combine the ground flaxseed and water and set it aside for now.
2. Then, find a microwave safe mug that holds at least 12 oz. of liquid. FYI – this is the standard coffee mug size, so chances are you have plenty of mugs that will work! To the mug, add the flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, salt, and 1 1/2 Tbs. of chocolate chips. Stir well.
4. Next, add the nut butter, vanilla, nut milk and the ground flaxseed/water mixture and stir again.
5. Microwave for just 90 seconds. When it’s done, top it with another 1/2 – 1 Tbs. chocolate chips. These babies will start to melt and act as the frosting – YUM! Allow this gloriousness to sit for 2 minutes before devouring. Best if enjoyed immediately!
That’s all there is to it.
I hope you LOVE this Lighter Chocolate Mug Cake as much as I do!
Lighter Chocolate Mug Cake
Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Flaxseeds + 1 Tb. Water
- 3 Tb. Garbanzo Bean Flour (which you can buy HERE)
- 2 Tb. Coconut Sugar (or 1 Tb. Coconut Sugar + 3 packets of Monk Fruit)
- 1 Tb. Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 2 Tb. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- 3 Tb. Cashew or Almond Milk
- 1 Tb. Creamy Almond or Mixed Nut Butter, the runnier the better! (I like Nutzo brand)
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Watch this video to see how I make this mug cake!