This refreshing lemon whipped cream is just what you need to brighten up your spring and summer inspired treats. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and tang, which means this whipped cream will make your taste buds jump for joy!
Side note: My mom loves all things lemon, which means she loves this whipped cream! One of our favorite ways to use it is when we make Strawberry Shortcake; it adds an extra brightness and punch of flavor that you wouldn’t normally get with this dessert. I highly recommend trying it!
Here’s the recipe…
Fresh Lemon Whipped Cream
- 13-14 oz. can of full fat coconut milk, chilled (at least) 6-8 hours in the fridge**
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- Chill a medium glass or metal bowl in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Next, without shaking, remove the can of coconut milk from the fridge (after chilling).
- Open the can of coconut milk and carefully remove the thick, creamy part on top with a spoon. (About a rounded 1/2 cup worth.) Place it in your chilled mixing bowl.
- Then, to that bowl add the sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix on high with a hand mixer or stand mixer for about 1 minute or until stiff peaks form.
- Place the whipped cream in the fridge until ready for use!
**THIS is the brand of coconut milk that I typically use. You can usually find it in the baking aisle.