Because sometimes you just need the perfect vanilla frosting to top your cupcakes or even your cookie cakes! This frosting recipe is easy and the results are creamy and dreamy. I hope you love it, too!
Sweet Vegan Vanilla Frosting
Makes enough frosting for about 18 cupcakes or a 2 layer cake
- 1 cup Non-Hydrogenated Vegetable Shortening
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tb. Non-Dairy Milk (I use almond – the whiter in color the better)
- A scant 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Using an electric stand or hand mixer, cream the shortening on a medium speed for about 30 seconds.
- Then, add half of the powdered sugar and half of the milk and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Next, add the salt and remaining sugar and milk. Mix again for another 30 seconds. If you feel the frosting should be slightly thicker, add a spoonful or so more of powdered sugar. For slightly thinner frosting, add a splash of milk – but be careful – a little goes a long way!