Beat that quinoa-cooking intimidation with the tastiest and Easiest Quinoa Recipe Ever! Best part of all, a big batch can be whipped up in just 20 minutes.
Quinoa is a staple in our household. It’s so versatile and can be eaten with SO many different foods! We use it as a base for our Roasted Veggie Bowls and top our salads with it to, too. But I think our favorite way to enjoy quinoa would be with my Sweet Chili Marinated Tempeh – YUM. And actually, this quinoa also works marvelously as a side kick to my Easy Black Bean Veggie Enchiladas, too!
Why this Recipe Works:
- Quinoa is so versatile – it can be used any place you would normally use rice.
- You can make this recipe in bulk, making it great for meal prep for the week.
- Your kids can eat quinoa too – they’ll love it. My four-year-old twin boys enjoy it in a bowl and topped with ketchup!
What are the health benefits of quinoa?
- This powerful grain is packed with antioxidants, protein, vitamin E, fiber, magnesium, potassium, and iron.
- Eating quinoa may also help lower triglyceride levels and manage early stages of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Quinoa is a gluten free grain, it’s high in fiber, AND it’s a complete protein source.
How to Make the Easiest Quinoa Ever:
1. First, place your quinoa in a medium-sized pot and add your water and spices.
2. Next, bring this mixture to a boil. Once it’s boiling, turn the heat down to low. Then, cover your quinoa and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
3. You’ll know when your quinoa is done when all of the liquid is absorbed. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to firm up, then grab a fork and fluff.
That’s all there is to it.
Top Tips for Making The Easiest Quinoa Ever:
- I like to get a huge bag of quinoa from Costco. It costs about $20, but there are about 42 servings in that bag! The bulk section in your grocery store is also a great place to find quinoa for a good price.
- I really like using fiesta seasoning for this recipe, but feel free to get creative and use any spices or seasonings that you’d like!
Did you try this recipe? Please give it a star rating and let me know what you think in the comments below. Your feedback is very helpful! Thanks in advance.
The Easiest Quinoa Recipe Ever
- First, place your quinoa in a pot and add in your water.
- Then add your seasonings.
- Next, bring this mixture to a boil. Once it's boiling, turn the heat down to low. Then, cover your quinoa and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- You'll know when your quinoa is done when all of the liquid is absorbed. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to firm up, then grab a fork and fluff.