I don’t know about you, but oftentimes the day after a party or big meal I feel a bit puffy. Some would say “bloated,” but I like the word “puffy.” It’s a little more delicate and a little less negative sounding than “bloated,” don’t you think?
Anyhoo, I’ve come up with the perfect “day after” shake to help shed some of that lingering excess water weight and get us back to our “non-puffy” selves in no time. I’ll calm down with all of the ” ” now. Here’s that recipe!
How to Make Post Party Detox Shakes
1. First, hit up your grocer’s freezer aisle for the following ingredients: frozen cranberries, frozen asparagus and frozen pineapple.
2. Next, hunt down some dandelion root tea bags, one bunch of parsley, at least one banana, apple cider vinegar, and if you like a little added sweetness, some dates.
3. Then, head home and do the following: Steep one dandelion root tea bag in 8 oz of hot water for about two minutes, then pour it into your high powered blender along with 8 oz. of plain water. I used to drink this tea when preparing to step on stage for fitness competitions. It sure helps shed the water weight, but boy does it taste gnarly on it’s own! Thankfully in this shake, the flavor will be completely covered up by the taste of the fruit.
4. Next, add the parsley, fresh or frozen banana, cranberries, asparagus, pineapple, apple cider vinegar and dates. It will look something like this:
5. Blend well until completely smooth. The result is a large, high fiber, natural diuretic, vitamin-loaded yet super fruity tasting potion that your body will thank you for!
Tips For Making This Shake
- Always add liquid ingredients to the blender first.
- Keep those frozen ingredients close to one another in the freezer for easy access the next time this shake is needed. I use one clip to keep them all together.
- Also, I like to store a bunch of bananas in the freezer all peeled and ready to go, like this:
- And the parsley in a glass of water in the refrigerator, like this:
Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and star rating below. Your feedback is very helpful to me and others! Thanks in advance.
The Post Party Detox Shake
- Steep one dandelion root tea bag in 8 oz of hot water for about two minutes, then pour it into your high powered blender along with 8 oz. of plain water.
- Next, add the parsley, banana, cranberries, asparagus, pineapple, apple cider vinegar and dates.
- Blend well until completely smooth.
- Keep all of the frozen ingredients together with one clip so you can easily find them the next time you're in need of this shake!
- However, this shake can definitely be consumed on a daily basis, if you like.
- You can make this shake in advance! It will keep in the fridge for about two days. I like to store mine in a mason jar with a lid or any cup with a lid.