When it comes to snacks, I love a good chocolate shake. But you know what’s even better? A chocolate shake that’s made with ingredients you can feel good about! That’s why I created this recipe; I wanted a chocolatey shake loaded with high quality foods that my family and I could enjoy on a regular basis.
These shakes are sweet tooth satisfying yet super filling, all thanks to one high-fiber superfood ingredient – black beans! What makes them even better is that they only take a few minutes to make. Without further ado, here is the recipe:
Makes 2 big Chocolatey Snack Shakes
- 2 1/2 cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2/3 cup No-salt-added canned Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 Tb. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 Dates, pitted
- 1 Banana
- 2 Big Handfuls of Ice Cubes (about 12 ice cubes)
To make these shakes, simply blend all of the ingredients above and serve with colorful reusable straws! (Colorful reusable straws optional)
Tip: Be kind to your blender (and lower your frustration level!) by adding the ice to your blender so that it ends up being the ingredient furthest away from the blades once you begin blending. Your blender will have a much easier time getting the job done this way!
If you feel like mixing it up, here are some other ingredients to consider adding to this shake:
- Peanut Butter
- Finely Chopped Dark or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Instant Coffee to transform them into MOCHAS!
I hope you love this snack shake as much as we do!