Burritos, sandwich wraps, tacos, you name it – if it involves a tortilla, my husband, Jeff, loves it. In fact, if there’s a sandwich wrap on a menu, I could bet money that he will order it!
Therefore, it goes without saying that Jeff was the inspiration behind this burrito recipe; a delicious handheld meal with a variety of flavors and textures all wrapped up in a tortilla. Boy-oh-boy… I can’t wait for you to try this one! Here’s how I make it:
1. Mix up a batch of Spiced “Cauliflower Rice” and Beans and set aside.
2. Next, let’s make our Guacamole: Into a medium-sized bowl, spoon out the ripened avocado and mash it up with a fork.
3. Add the chopped tomato and salt and pepper to taste. If you happen to have a lime laying around, squeeze in the juice of half of one, too! Gently stir until just combined and set this aside, as well.
4. Next, make your Sweet Chipotle Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the vegan mayonnaise, chili powder, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. Set this aside, too!
5. Lastly, take your four romaine leaves, and chop them up into 1/4 inch little strips. Yep, you guessed it: set it aside!
6. Now we’re ready to assemble the burritos. First, lay one tortilla on a clean, flat surface.
Tip: If your tortillas are cold or on the stiff side, then you’ll first want to warm them in the microwave for ten seconds between two lightly dampened paper towels. That should help make them more “bend-y”.
7. First, spoon out about 1/4 of the Guacamole onto the tortilla….
Followed by 1/4 of the Spiced “Cauliflower Rice” and Beans….
Then a bit of romaine…
And finally, drizzle 1/4 of the Sweet Chipotle Sauce across the top.
8. Finish up by using whichever burrito folding method works for you, set the burrito aside, and then repeat the above steps to create the remaining three burritos.
And that’s all there is to it! These burritos are so delicious and fun. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Chipotle “Cauliflower Rice” and Guacamole Burritos
- 4 Large Tortillas (I used a soft, whole grain variety)
- 1 Ripe Medium/Large Avocado
- 1/2 cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/8 tsp. Salt + more to taste
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Black Pepper + more to taste
- 1/2 of a Lime (optional)
- 4 Romaine Leaves
- 1/3 cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Maple Syrup
- A Good Pinch of Cayenne Pepper, about 1/8 tsp. worth
- One batch of Spiced “Cauliflower Rice” and Beans