Burritos, sandwich wraps, tacos, you name it – if it involves a tortilla, my husband, Jeff, loves it. In fact, if there’s a sandwich wrap on a menu, I could bet money that he will order it, no matter what’s rolled up inside it!
Therefore, it goes without saying that Jeff was the inspiration behind this burrito recipe; a deliciously spicy and sweet handheld meal all wrapped up in a tortilla. Boy-oh-boy… I can’t wait for you to try this one! Here’s how I make it:
1. Mix up a batch of Spiced “Cauliflower Rice” and Beans and set aside.
2. Next, let’s make our Guacamole: Into a medium-sized bowl, spoon out the ripened avocado and mash it up with a fork.
3. Add the chopped tomato, salt and pepper. And if you happen to have a lime laying around, squeeze in the juice of half of one, too! Gently stir until just combined and set aside, as well.
4. Next, make your Sweet Chipotle Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili powder, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. Set this aside, too!
5. Lastly, take your four romaine leaves, and chop them up into 1/4 inch little strips. Yep, you guessed it: set it aside!
6. Now we’re ready to assemble the burritos! First, lay one tortilla on a clean, flat surface.
Tip: If your tortillas are cold or on the stiff side, then you’ll first want to warm them in the microwave for ten seconds between two lightly dampened paper towels. That should help make them more “bend-y”.
7. First, spoon out about 1/4 of the Guacamole onto the tortilla….
Followed by 1/4 of the Spiced “Cauliflower Rice” and Beans….
Then a bit of romaine…
And finally, drizzle the desired amount of Sweet Chipotle Sauce!
8. Finish up by using whichever burrito folding method floats your boat, set aside, and then repeat the above step to create the remaining three burritos.
And that’s all there is to it! I hope you love these burritos as much as we do!
Chipotle Cauliflower Rice, Bean and Guacamole Burritos
4 Large Tortillas (I used a soft, whole grain variety)
1 Ripe Medium Avocado
1/2 cup Chopped Tomatoes
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1/2 of a Lime (optional)
4 Romaine Leaves
1/3 cup Mayonnaise (Light, Regular or Vegan – any type will work!)
1 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
1 1/2 tsp. Maple Syrup
A Good Pinch of Cayenne Pepper, about 1/8 tsp. worth