I don’t know about you, but for me when it comes to snack shakes (as opposed to dessert shakes), I often find myself looking for a sweet berry-licious concoction that is:
- Super Delicious
- Easy to make
- Satisfying and holds me over until the next meal.
- Contains ingredients that are great for the body and even better for the soul. (Because as everyone knows, souls like berries.)
And after years of experimenting with all sorts of snack shake recipes, I have finally settled on one that is good enough to make regularly not only for myself, but for Jeff and my twin toddler boys, as well!
BONUS – this is the perfect snack for someone who isn’t crazy about vegetables but would like to try and consume more of them, because there is frozen spinach blended in and you would absolutely never know it! This shake is loaded with berry goodness, which completely takes charge of the flavor.
I hope you love this shake as much as we do!
Watch this video to see how I make these shakes!
Here’s the recipe:
Purple Snack Shakes!
Makes Two 18 oz. Shakes or Four 9 oz. Shakes
- 2 1/2 cups Non-Dairy Milk, such as Almond, Cashew or Oat
- 1/2 cup canned No-Salt-Added White Beans, (cannellini and navy beans work well), drained and rinsed
- 3 Dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups Frozen Blueberries or Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1 cup Frozen Spinach
- 1 – 2 Tb. Apple Cider Vinegar
Place all of the ingredients in a blender in the order they are listed. Blend on high until smooth. Enjoy! Note: Shakes can be made ahead of time, but are best if kept cold and consumed within 3 days.