Caesar salad is the definition of comfort food in salad form. It’s creamy, rich, and delicious – and usually made with parmesan and anchovies! Since Caesar salad is a crowd favorite in my household (thanks to both my dad and my husband, Jeff), I felt that I needed to create a deliciously plant-based Caesar dressing that everyone can enjoy! It’s so amazing, and you would never guess that it’s vegan. Enjoyed on a salad or drizzled in a wrap – you can’t go wrong with this dressing.
Here’s how you make it:
1. Add the cashews and 1 1/4 cups of water to a saucepan and turn the heat to medium high. Once the water starts to boil rapidly, turn down the heat to medium and allow the cashews to cook in that boiling water for 10 minutes. Afterwards, drain and rinse the cashews in cold water.
2. Next, place all of the ingredients, including the cashews and the remaining water, in a high speed blender and blend on high until your Caesar dressing is smooth.
Note: If the dressing is too thick for your liking, add an additional tablespoon of water to the mix and blend again.
And that’s all there is to it! I hope you LOVE this dressing as much as we do.
Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
Makes 8 oz. of dressing
- 1/2 cup unsalted and unroasted (raw) cashews
- 1 1/2 cups of water, divided
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves (or 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup Bottled or Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 1/2 Tb. Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 Tb. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp. Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Salt (optional)
**My favorite Caesar salad toppings to pair with this dressing are chopped apple, raisins, sunflower seeds, whole grain croutons and/or chopped tomato!