This delicious vegan dessert has a not-so-secret ingredient that not only makes it more creamy and delicious, but it makes it healthier than other chocolate mousse recipes, too! You have to give it a try – trust me on this.
I know what you must be thinking: “Avocado mousse?? Umm, NO thanks!” But hear me out, because this ridiculously easy and super scrumptious Chocolatey Avocado Mousse is something you need to try.
Why this Recipe Works:
- This recipe only takes 3 minutes to make.
- It is chocolatey, decadent and will leave you feeling awesome about life.
- There are only 5 simple ingredients (all of which are more or less grown on trees.)
- Your family and friends will be impressed by your mad skills in creating such delicious treats.
- No one will ever know that the main ingredient is AVOCADO – a fruit that is believed to be one of the healthiest foods on the planet!
The Health Benefits of this Dessert:
- The avocado provides many nutrients such as Vitamin K, Folate, Potassium, Vitamin C, B Vitamins, and Vitamin E. It’s also a great source of healthier fats and has no saturated fat or cholesterol!
- The dates provide tons of fiber and minerals such as magnesium, manganese, and potassium, and give this mousse its natural sweetness
- The cocoa powder provides disease fighting antioxidants.
- The lemon juice provides vitamin C.
Looking for other lighter dessert recipes? Then you have to try my:
- Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana Bites
- 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Lighter Chocolate Mug Cake
- Guilt-Free Elvis Cookies
- 5-Minute Vegan Chocolate Soft Serve Ice Cream
FYI – all of these desserts are amazingly vegan and gluten free!
How to Make 3-Minute Chocolate Avocado Mousse:
1. Place all ingredients in a high powered blender (I use the bullet type for this one.)
2. Blend until lumps are no longer heard or seen, about 30 – 60 seconds. However, I do feel it’s an added bonus if I end up with a random “date chunk” in my mousse – YUM!
3. Scoop out the light and fluffy mixture into the serving dishes of your choice.
4. Top with whichever toppings float your boat, if any at all. I like chopped Enjoy Life brand Chocolate Chunks or Chips, which you can buy HERE.
5. If you have a few minutes, place the mousse in the fridge or freezer to chill before serving.
I hope you love this chocolate mousse as much as we do!
Top Tips for Making 3-Minute Chocolate (Avocado) Mousse:
- For other topping ideas, try some chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans are my fave for this recipe), chocolate sprinkles, or even a light sprinkle of coarse salt!
- Double or triple the recipe for a larger group. You can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Did you try this recipe? Please give it a star rating and let me know what you think in the comments below. Your feedback is very helpful! Thanks in advance.
3- Minute Chocolate (Avocado) Mousse
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 6 pitted dates if not soft, soak in warm water for 10 minutes
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3/4 c. almond milk (177 ml)
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender (I use the bullet-type)
- Blend until lumps are no longer heard or seen, about 30 – 60 seconds. However, I do feel it’s an added bonus if I end up with a random “date chunk” in my mousse – YUM!
- Scoop out the light and fluffy mixture into the serving dishes of your choice.
- Top with whichever toppings float your boat, if any at all. I like chopped Enjoy Life brand Chocolate Chunks and Chips, which you can buy HERE. Nuts are good, too!
- If you have a few minutes, place the mousse in the fridge or freezer to chill before serving.
- For other topping ideas, try some chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans are my favorite with this recipe), chocolate sprinkles, or even a light sprinkle of coarse salt!
- Double or triple the recipe for a larger group! You can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to two days.
You should so write a cookery book!
Audrey, how long does this “stand up ” after being made? thanks! Kathy
Will the dates leave a flavor or does the chocolate mask them? ‘Cause you had me until you said “dates”, and I keep picturing something akin to raisins being tossed in this, and having a similar taste.
Hi Jenny, don’t worry: dates taste nothing like raisins! They are sweet and amazing… almost like a maple syrup flavor. In fact, Jeff and I will sometimes eat them by themselves when we have a sweet craving!
I dont have whole dates only chopped. How much of the chopped dates would I use?
This chocolate mousse recipe is the best! What makes extra good is that no one can tell they aren’t eating the real deal! I actually just made it for our dessert tonight! Try to with whipped coconut milk!! Yum!
So happy you liked it!! YUM!
The most delicious, fluffiest chocolate mousse ever.
Thank you so much Audrey
Thanks so much for this! So happy you like this little treat. 🙂
Soooo decadent! I can’t believe I’m eating healthy!
So happy you like it, Caitlin!
Made this today for our dessert. Absolutely delicious and so creamy. Sooo love your vegan recipes. I doubled the recipe so hubby and I can enjoy a few servings. What a great dessert AND healthy. Thank you.
Thanks so much for the comment. So happy you both love this recipe! (We all love it here, as well.) Wishing you both all the best.