Loaded with tropical ingredients, these amazingly vegan and gluten free Hawaiian Chocolate Chunk Cookies are like a vacation in cookie form!
This week, I was inspired to get creative with my cookie recipes. As a big cookie lover (and consumer), I wanted to make something exciting, original and different, yet deliciously fantastic.
Therefore I took a leap of faith, gathered a bunch of Hawaiian inspired ingredients along with a Peanut’s Bake Shop Cookie Kit, and started baking away. Thankfully, the end result was a scrumptiously moist and hearty chocolate chunk cookie with just enough coconut and pineapple to send your taste buds to the beaches of Hawaii – true paradise!
In fact, after the first batch came out of the oven, Jeff took a bite and then turned to me and said, “Wow, I was worried this would be weird, but it is absolutely delicious! Everything works perfectly.” You have to give these Hawaiian Chocolate Chunk Cookies a try.
Why this Recipe Works:
- Since the base of this cookie recipe is a Peanut’s Bake Shop Chocolate Chunk Kit, your list of needed ingredients is short and sweet!
- These cookies have a variety of mouthwatering flavors and textures.
- The pineapple in the recipe makes the cookies that much more moist.
Why are they called Hawaiian Chocolate Chunk Cookies?
- Three main ingredients in these cookies (pineapple, macadamia nuts and coconut) are found in abundance in Hawaii. YUM!
Looking for other vegan cookie recipes? Then you have to try my:
- Midnight Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
- Black n’ White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Funfetti Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 5-Ingredient Guilt-Free Elvis Cookies
- Vegan and Gluten Free Monster Cookies
How to Make Hawaiian Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F/177°C.
2. Next, empty the cookie kit mix into a mixing bowl. Then, add all remaining ingredients listed below and mix it again until all flour is incorporated.
3. Create 12 equal-sized dough mounds on a non-stick or parchment-lined baking sheet, (use a second baking sheet if needed.)
4. Bake these babies in your preheated oven for 13-14 minutes or until their edges and tips just start to turn a golden brown color. It’s better to slightly under bake than over bake.
Allow the cookies to cool on the sheet for 2-5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
And that’s all there is to it!
I hope you find these cookies to be as heavenly as we do.
Top Tips for Making Hawaiian Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
- This recipe works best with a Peanut’s Bake Shop Chocolate Chunk Cookie Kit.
- Can’t eat nuts or don’t care for them? Feel free to leave them out!
- You can find flat parchment sheets HERE
Did you try this recipe? Please give it a star rating and let me know what you think in the comments below. Your feedback is very helpful! Thanks in advance.
Hawaiian Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- One Peanut's Bake Shop Chocolate Chunk Cookie Kit
- 1/2 c. + 2 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut (55 g)
- 1 c. of canned pineapple chunks + 2 Tbsp. Juice from the can chopped
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/3 c. macadamia nuts OR slivered almonds (40 g or 38 g) chopped into small little pieces
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil (45 ml)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/177°C.
- Next, empty the cookie kit mix into a mixing bowl. Then, add all remaining ingredients listed below and mix it again until all flour is incorporated.
- Create 12 equal-sized dough mounds on a non-stick or parchment-lined baking sheet, (use a second baking sheet if needed.)
- Bake these babies in your preheated oven for 13-14 minutes or until their edges and tips just start to turn a golden brown color. It's better to slightly under bake than over bake.Allow the cookies to cool on the sheet for 2-5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.