Whether you’re in need of an appetizer that adds a lot of pizzaz to your party, or you just want a new (and spicy!) way to enjoy your vegetables at dinner, this Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower is a delicious way to go. But be warned – it’s insanely addicting! The last time I made this cauliflower dish, Jeff and I polished off the entire batch between the two of us within minutes. It didn’t even make it into a serving dish first – we just ate it right off the baking sheet!
Let’s just say, we definitely met our recommended servings of vegetables for the day…. and buffalo sauce for the week!
So without further ado, here are the directions:
1. First, preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside for now.
2. In a large mixing bowl, prepare the Batter by mixing all five ingredients together. Then, add the cauliflower to this bowl and stir well, ensuring that all florets are evenly coated with batter.
3. Then, spoon out the coated cauliflower onto the parchment-lined baking sheet (leaving as much batter behind as possible) and bake in your preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. In the meantime, rinse and dry that large bowl and then use it to prepare the Red Buffalo Sauce by stirring together all six ingredients.
5. Once the 15 minutes of roasting has completed, return the cauliflower to the bowl containing the Red Buffalo Sauce, gently stir to coat, and then return the cauliflower to the baking sheet.
Roast for an additional 15 minutes.
Once the cauliflower is done roasting, allow it to rest on the baking sheet for 2 – 3 minutes before transferring to your serving vessel of choice.
6. To make the Vegan Ranch, simply mix together the listed ingredients in a small bowl and then place it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it with the Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower. (BTW – this doubles as a vegan ranch salad dressing!)
And that’s all there is to it! I hope you love this tastebud blasting dish as much as we do.
Watch this video to see how I make this cauliflower! Keep in mind, the cooking time has changed since this video was filmed.
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower
Servings: About 4
- 7 – 8 cups of Cauliflower Florets, (about 1 medium sized head)* Note: Aim for slightly larger florets rather than small.
- 1/2 cup (56 g.) Oat Flour*
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup Water
*No oat flour? No problem! Make your own by pulsing dry oatmeal in a blender until it becomes a fine powder consistency.
Red Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sriracha or comparable red chili sauce
- 1 Tb. Olive Oil or Canola Oil (preferably organic canola to avoid GMO’s)
- 2 Tb. Fresh or bottled Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Molasses
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1 cup Vegenaise or other veg mayo
- 2 Tb. Fresh or bottle Lemon Juice
- 1 1/4 tsp. Dried Parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. Finely Chopped Fresh Chives or 1/2 tsp. Dried Chives
- 3/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 3/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Dill Weed
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
Recommended Variation: For a slightly sweet sauce, add 1 Tb. Maple Syrup. (This is definitely my personal favorite way to go!) But for a traditional Ranch flavor, stick with the recipe as is.
**You can find flat parchment sheets HERE