Oh boy, where do I begin?! I haven’t been this excited about a recipe in a while! For starters, I’ll say this sun-dried tomato hummus offers an absolute explosion of flavors, ranging from savory to slightly sweet to tangy to nutty.
To quote my husband, Jeff, after he tried it for the first time:
“Oh wow, this stuff is addicting! I could eat just a bowl of this hummus by itself for lunch and I’d be very happy.”
This sun-dried tomato hummus is the perfect dip to serve at a party, the perfect hummus to have for a snack, and the perfect spread for a sandwich. In fact, my toddler boys have been eating this hummus on bread for lunch for the past week straight! They love it, too.
When it comes to the ingredients, I’m especially proud of this recipe because all of the ingredients are health-promoting, unlike some store bought hummuses that are loaded with excess oil and other junk. To top it all off, it’s ridiculously easy to make! Let me show you…
1. Open your can of garbanzo beans and save 4 Tb. of the liquid in the can. Set it aside. Afterwards, drain and rinse the beans.
2. Then, place all ten ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender, including the 4 Tb. of liquid from the can and the rinsed garbanzo beans.
3. Blend until most of the sun-dried tomato chunks have mixed in and the hummus is a bright orangey-red color.
That’s it! Your hummus is now ready to eat.
If you’re serving it as dip for a party or family gathering, take the “wow” factor to the next level by making these Crunchy Salt and Pepper Pita Chips to go with the hummus. Trust me – everyone will rave!
If you decide to give this Sun-dried Tomato Hummus a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below! I’d love to know what you think. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Watch here to see how I make this hummus:
Sun-dried Tomato Hummus
Makes about 2 cups worth
- One 15 oz. can of Garbanzo Beans (see next ingredient!)
- 4 Tb. Liquid from the can of Garbanzo Beans
- 1/4 cup Tahini (which you can buy HERE)
- 2 1/2 Tb. Fresh or Bottled Lemon Juice
- 2 Medium Garlic Cloves, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes, packed in oil but removed from jar with a fork
- 1 Tb. Ground Flaxseeds
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
*For a “less thick” hummus, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil or cold-pressed flax oil.