Sometimes, we just need a little treat. Not a big ice cream sundae or a large piece of cake (although I LOVE both of those things when the time is right), just a bite or two of something in the treat category to satisfy that whisper of a sweet tooth. We all know those moments, right? And to me, if that little treat happens to be cool and creamy and covered in chocolate, then life just feels that much better!
These Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana Bites are perfect for those “just need a little somethin'” moments. They’re easy to make and even easier to eat! Here’s how to make them:
1. First, slice your banana into 3/4 inch-sized coins. Set them aside for now.
Also, grab a nonstick or parchment lined baking sheet and have it on your counter ready to go.
2. Next, place your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Afterwards, give that chocolate a good stir. If the chips aren’t completely melted, continue to heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is completely smooth.
3. This next part is very important: in your less dominant hand, pick up a fork, and then set one piece of banana on the tines (one of the flat sides of the banana, that is) and hold it over the bowl of melted chocolate. Then with your dominant hand, grab a spoon and start drizzling the piece of banana with melted chocolate until it’s completely coated.
Scrape off the excess chocolate dripping from the bottom and then transfer the banana bite to your baking sheet. Note: try your best not to use your fingers at all during this process, as it can get very messy! (Been there, done that.)
4. Repeat step #3 with the remaining banana pieces, keeping in mind that it’s important to work quickly and get each bite coated before that chocolate starts to harden.
5. Sprinkle each banana bite with your toppings of choice. I like a little variety, so I usually go with rainbow sprinkles and chopped nuts.
6. Place this baking sheet loaded with sweet goodness in your freezer for about 20 minutes. After that, those glorious Chocolate Covered Banana Bites should be good to go! I transfer whatever banana bites don’t get devoured right away to an airtight container to keep in the freezer.
And that’s all there is to it. All three of my boys (which includes my husband, Jeff) absolutely love these little treats, and I hope you do, too!
Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana Bites
Makes 10-12 pieces
- 1 Medium or Large-sized Banana (slightly green bananas work best)
- 2/3 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips* (I like THIS brand)
- Toppings: Rainbow Sprinkles and/or Chopped Nuts!
*For best results, make sure your chocolate chips are completely dairy-free.